Sunday, October 25, 2015

Layering DIY Chalk Paint

 
These used to be white Windsor shaped chairs with a light stained seat.



 
They were showing some wear, sitting in the basement and I knew I needed to paint
them but fear held me back. 
What if I don't like the color?
Should I use latex or chalk paint?
blah, blah, blah...
Once I made up my mind to start painting them, I jumped all in!
You can see some of the results below.

I may have lost my mind, but I've had a blast layering these colors.
This is the pinterest photo from Shizzle Design that inspired me.
 
 
Below are some chairs in different stages.
 
 
They were stained dark walnut in the distressed areas from when I sanded them.
 


Painted white with latex primer.
 
 
 
Then the green layer is left over paint from our beach condo and I used it to DIY chalk paint.
See bottom right hand corner of pic.
 
 
 
 
 
 The orange layer of splotches is one of those sample pots from Lowes that was turned into DIY chalk paint and the last blue coat is Folk Art Home Décor Chalk paint from JoAnns Fabrics called Cascade.
 

The fear of choosing the wrong color is fast disappearing, and once I finish I may just paint them solid again, but man this has been fun!
The striped fabric is a sample of the sofa & chair in the adjoining room.  I hope it's not going to be to much, but hey, it's only paint, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment