Monday, August 19, 2013

Swifter Refill

As a Pinterest addict, I've learn a few new tricks that have been fun to try.  The latest, using my old Swifter bottle to refill with my own cleaning solution.  I'm trying to make the switch over to more environmentally safe cleaning choices and want to use a vinegar solution to mop floors. 


While searching pinterest, I've found One Good Thing  by Jillee and she has some great ideas and I've tried several with great success. So when she posted this make-your-own-endless-supply-of-swifter-refills, I had to check it out. 


Then at the bottom of the post, she has an idea of how to refill the bottle to the swifter wet jet mop.  Brilliant!

I decided to give it a whirl...we have 2big dogs (at times 4 in all), in and out of the house not to mention all the human traffic, and our floors are always a mess. I try to over look it, but sometimes I just need to get up all the drool and paw prints, even if it only last for 1 hour. :(

Found a cork about the size of a sharpie marker...

 
Found a Drill bit about the size of the sharpie...(the sharpie was my measuring device, clever huh?)


 
Had to find a drill that would accommodate the large drill bit.  I had to bring out the big gun...a Black n Decker hammer drill (at least that's what I think it is).  It's so powerful, it has a cord to plug into an outlet instead of being cordless....arrr, arr, arr.


 
The drill bit was still a little to small for the cork size, so I had to rock it around a little to make the hole larger.  It worked!
 
 
Since I'm not sure if this will work, water was added to the canister and popped  back in place. If this doesn't work, I don't want to loose any precious cleaning solution. Removing the canister to fill and popping it back in place may have been a mistake. The water was leaking out, but then stopped.  Not sure if that will be a problem or not.  I've got it sitting in the laundry sink to see if it continues to leak.  I'll let you know if this is a win or a fail, soon.
 
What tips have you got to share?







No comments:

Post a Comment